The North West Fungus Group was established in 1994 aiming to promote an interest in fungi across the counties of Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside, and the vice-counties of Denbighshire and Flintshire (part of Clwyd.) If you are interested in fungi and live in any of these counties then why not join?
- Organises an extensive programme of forays, workshops and related events
- Produces two newsletters per year providing news and information on fungi across the region
- Maintains databases of fungi distribution across the North-West
- Provides advice on a range of fungi related enquiries including identification, recording, microscopy, books & literature, conservation and much more
- Provides speakers who can give talks about fungi (e.g. to gardening clubs, young farmers associations, schools etc.)
- Has close contacts with Liverpool Museum